Friday, May 4, 2012

Mini Leather Bound Album

Today I am sharing a mini album.  It has many different elements that I have learned from tutorial videos.  Included in the album are pages with a slider, a waterfall, mini tag books, and many tags. These were projects and techniques that I was eager to attempt.  I began with a scalloped edge chipboard album. I knew that I had black leather that I wanted to use for the binding so I painted the scalloped edges of the book with black acrylic paint. I used Travel West Collage and Travel East Collage papers for the background paper and coordinated it with other neutral colored papers. I included the blue paper ( I don't know the source) because it went well with the black, browns and patterned papers.  I didn't add a lot of embellishments.  I am waiting to do that once I decide upon which photos will go into it.
This is the cover of the leather bound mini.

There is a slider on the left and a waterfall element on the right.

The slider opens by pulling on the top and bottom ribbons simultaneously.

The waterfall cascades when the bottom ribbon is pulled.

Each of these pages has pockets with a selection of tags.

The page on the left contains more tags and the page on the right has a mini tag book. It rests inside an acrylic pocket made from packaging.  I added the clear adhesive backed circles.

This is the outside of the mini tag book. It was made from one piece of 12" x 12" cardstock.

The inside of the mini tag book contains journaling pages on the right and  a tag in each pocket.

There are more tags on the left and a mini envelope album on the right. This mini album also sits in an acrylic pocket from recycled packaging.

This is the inside of the mini envelope album.

No comments:

Post a Comment