Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Challenges for NSD @ SCT

These are my projects for Scrapbook & Cards Today's NSD challenges. This was the first time I've ever participated in an online crop.  The experience was phenomenal.  I hopped around the internet, mostly between SCT and Big Picture Classes and it was an amazing adventure.  I learned so much and was so inspired to create.  I hope to do it again next year. Here are my projects:

Pagemaps_sketch
Pagemap from SCT
Pagemap Challenge

This was a really fun challenge.  I think I am now hooked on using a pagemap, something I've rarely used.   I changed it up a little because I had many photos that I wanted to include to help tell the story. I added two pockets to the right hand page with pull out pages.  I put my extra photos on these pages.  
Apr_2012_challenge
Color Challenge

The next project was a card for the Color Challenge. This color combination was fun to work with...very cheerful colors.  I added a few gems to make it pop. I also used an EK Success punch to create the green border flowers and inserted colored flowers in the negative space left on the green paper.

Title Challenge

Coming up with a creative title was and is always a challenge for me.  I spend way too much time trying to come up with just the right title.  Deciding on the title and creating the tags made this a  time consuming page.  I used left over fabric from the shirts and origami folds to creative miniature shirts for the tags.  Each tag represents a shirt that my son and I made last summer.


The next challenge, Embellished Pins was soooooo much fun....I might have gotten carried away just a wee bit!  I loved coming up with the various bead and sequin combinations.


Embellished Pin Challenge: close up view
I started out with straight pins that I had in my sewing box, but then switched to colored wire. As you'll see, I made several of both versions.  I also included a few sequins that I was glad to FINALLY be able to use on a project. I've had this large jar of sequins for years and I can't even remember why I bought them!

  This Embellished pin was made with flower shaped sequins and sequin leaves.
Wait there's more:


This one  made with red leaf shaped sequins, a silver flower sequin and an orange bead.  The white is the top of pin.  The photo on the left shows the colors more clearly.
Here is one made with green wire, green beads, a white pearl bead and a green butterfly sequin.  I haven't attached it to a project yet.
These two were made from wire and flower shaped sequins.
Embellished pins with various types of beads and sequins.
As you can see, it was quite easy to get carried away making all these pins.  Now that I have several made, I can use them to embellish my scrapbook pages, cards and tags.  Yippee!

Finally, here's my last project for SCT' s NSD challenges.  It is a very simple card. I used my corner punch to round the corners and used the buttons to stay with the "round" theme.
Challenge:  Use a Corner Rounder punch

THANK YOU SO MUCH 
FOR VISITING!


No comments:

Post a Comment