Saturday, August 18, 2012

Birthday Balloons



Balloons were the first thing that came to mind when I saw the sketch challenge at Clean and Simple Stamping. I started by punching several small balloons with an EK Success punch from scrap pieces of cardstock.  Since I didn't have any larger punches, I cut the remaining balloons by hand  and layered all the balloons onto a cloudy background that I created with blue chalk and an eraser.  I also used an eraser to "write" Happy Birthday. I matted the balloons and clouds onto dark blue cardstock and used a white card base.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda. This is one very creative and beautiful card. I'm glad that I saw it. You did a fabulous job thinking out of he box like this.

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Clean and Simple Stamping Blog (Fall to Layout). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the balloons blowing away and the "happy birthday" through the clouds. It's a very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-34.html

    ReplyDelete