Saturday, August 18, 2012

Floral Candy Gift Set...Please vote for me!

                                                            
I am entering this floral candy gift set in the Fiskars Fuse Challenge. If you like what you see you can  vote here.
About this project:
I started by creating three flowers from the pink embellishment provided by  Fiskars. I  cut three of these circle embellishments into the shape of flowers with straight edged and decorative scissors.  Behind each pink flower I matted  yellow flowers that I hand cut from cardstock . These were also cut with decorative scissors and inked around the edges with pink ink from Studio G.  In the center of each flower I layered pink fringed yellow circles and added a button. I wanted the buttons to pick up on the colors in the rest of the project so I covered each with pink and yellow DMC embroidery floss and adhered them with Elmer's Glue Spots.  I cut three butterflies from the yellow  Fiskars embellishment provided.  First I dry embossed circles on each butterfly with my  Embossing Circle Texture Plate and a stylus.  I layered the butterflies and added pink gems from Studio G  to the butterfly body  adhering it to a flower with Elmer's Glue Spots.  The flower stems are created from green plastic straws and with wooden skewers inserted into each. I covered the straws on the back of each flower with an additional pink shaped flower.  These flowers are set in a floral foam base which rests in a soup mug surrounded by pink tissue paper.  I cut the leaves with decorative scissors and used green chalk to add detail.  I decorated the soup mug with another embossed butterfly and pink strips of paper.  The gift card was created with a white base, pink paper and the yellow Fiskars embellishment. This time I left the butterfly intact, but I embossed it to match the 3d butterfly and wrote the sentiment with a Bic pink marker.   To finish I filled the cup with some Dove  Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Promises.  I thought the pink wrapping on them would keep the design cohesive and know the recipient will love them.  
 


If you like my project, I would appreciate your vote! Vote Here 
Vote before 11:59 p.m. CT 09/16/2012 
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Great project Brenda, I love the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking back through your Blog when i saw these-they are fabby! I can't vote i'm afraid as i don't do Facebook-wouldn't these make a great gift to take to someone recovering in hospital? you know how they get funny about having "real" flowers on the wards-these would be just perfect ! :) x

    ReplyDelete