Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hummingbird and 2 Challenges

I am combing two challenges on this card. Mojo Monday's sketch challenge gives us a choice of Round or Square. I chose round because I don't do round cards often.  Over at CASology the cue card is Bird.  I started by hand cutting the hummingbird from a piece of scrap cardstock.  After I cut it out, I embossed it and added white gel pen to add detail.  For the flowers (I can never remember what they are called, but I have some in my garden that the hummingbirds love) I used a scrap piece of cardstock that I chalked to give it a more coral color to match the actual color of the real flowers.  To make the flowers dimensional, I cut a triangle shape with one end scalloped and rolled the cardstock into a cone shape, adding strips of yellow cardstock to the center of each.  At the base of the card I used a piece of Coredinations Pure Chocolate cardstock that I dry embossed with my Fiskars embossing plates. The sky is a white piece of cardstock that I chalked and the striped pattern cardstock is a piece of a Puffs tissue box. The smaller circle was colored with inks.  I used Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam to adhere the hummingbird.



Thanks for stopping by.  

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card with lots of gorgeous details! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hummingbird card, very creative. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely hummingbird - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-31.html

    ReplyDelete