Thursday, August 30, 2012

Relax....Put your feet up!

Relaxation....that's what this card is all about and that's exactly what the challenge at  CASology is all about this week.  When I think of relaxing, I think of finding a quiet outside spot, grabbing a great book, a cold iced tea and spending the greater part of the day reading.  I just let that great book take me away.  To create my card I created all handmade elements. I used blue chalk and and an eraser to create a cloudy sky on white cardstock. I cut out the shape of a book, printed some text on my computer paper, adhered it to the book cover with dimensional adhesive and added the tiny bookmark.  I also drew the glass, colored it with colored pencils, created ice cubes and a straw from vellum and added a lemon slice.  My disappointment is my photography skills. No matter what I did to try and get a decent photo, it just wouldn't happen. This is one of the better photos, but  I am not really happy with it because my "yellow lemon and yellow bookmark" look way too orange.  So, you'll have to take my word for it...they are yellow.


12 comments:

  1. A very fun take on the cue word. Reading definitely takes you away. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading is my idea of relaxing too, Brenda! I love the little book and bookmark you made and the iced tea! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. I love to make handmade embellishments.

      Delete
  3. WOW! What a feast of creativity here! These elements are just amazing - and they speak to my heart - I think I may just go find a book right now! lol! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments. I had a great time with this challenge and I am so glad I discover CASology!

      Delete
  4. You beat me to it!! I have a similar idea too! But your card is really cute! Love the tiny bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I enjoyed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100% with you on relaxing with a good book! It can't be beat! :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work and oh so cute too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cool card... love that the background and the little book!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So relaxing - I hope you'll link up again at 52 Car Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spent over two hours reading this morning...and it was very relaxing!! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete