Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pumpkin Thank You

Sophia Landry at Paper Crafters Library created the most inspiring Sweet Pea card this week. The card she created (at right) has a pea pod that looks just so incredibly realistic! Take a look. Don't you agree?

For my card I chose to use pumpkins instead of peas. I began by drawing the pumpkins and leaves, fussy cutting around them and adding detail and highlights with pigment ink and colored pencils.   Then I cut a vine shape from the same paper as the leaves and inked it as well.  Using decorative scissors, I cut the brown mat and then lightly sanded over the embossing. I adhered my pumpkins, leaves and vines to it.  I used dimensional adhesive behind the bottom right hand pumpkin.  I really liked the pattern in the designer paper but the diamond shapes were more yellow than orange.  To make them a bit more orange I used an orange colored pencil to color over each of them.  I wrapped embroidery floss around the patterned paper, added a bow and the thank you and adhered this panel to the orange mat.  I used a brown card base and finished by adding the white dotted border.

(As Sophia was creating those peas, it looked like so much fun.  So, I still want to try my hand at creating some "realistic" looking peas...but that will have to be for another project.  )

Supplies:
Card base: Coredinations chocolate cardstock
Patterned paper:  Crate Paper, Praire Farmer's Market
Mats: DCWV The Spring Fling (orange), Core'dinations Impressions (brown)
Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Scrapbook Adhesives (dimensional)
Embroidery floss (green)
Gel Pen: Sakura  white
Colored pencils: Crayola Orange
Pigment Ink: Page Craft (amber)
Leaf and vine paper (scraps from my stash)

2 comments:

  1. Love your card! Your pumpkins are as great as Sophia's peas. My meager talents definitely do not lie in the same direction--could never color like you two do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkin drawing is impeccable, it provides such a stunning focal point to your card.

    ReplyDelete