Friday, October 12, 2012

A Batty Halloween

The Great Pumpkin Blog continues over at Goin' Over the Edge. I have enjoyed seeing what others have been creating for this challenge and thought I'd add this card to the hop.  I created the green background with ink and masking tape. First I stamped the sticky side of the masking tape with Tim Holtz' Peeled Paint ink and then used the tape to stamp on the card base. I stamped  bats on the background with black ink  and then hand cut three bats from cardstock. The bats are hanging from embroidery thread that I chain stitched. It's a pretty simple design and was a quick card to create.


Hope you'll play along too:



3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of peeled paint ink. Sounds cool! Cute bats! I'm happy you added your card to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop.

    Thanks!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hand write the sentiment too because it looks awesome! This card is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I have yet to invest in a lot of stamps so most of my sentiments are handwritten or printed from the computer. The sentiment for this card is handwritten.

    ReplyDelete