Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's Not Fall Until....

Around my house and especially at my husband's office, it's not Fall until I make a pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap and pecan crust.  Each Autumn for the past 5 years, I have baked this cheesecake and sent it off with my husband to share at work.  It has gotten rave reviews and is now an expected fall treat and an unofficial symbol of fall. The second thing I associate with fall is a scarecrow. Each Autumn my son and I put together a scarecrow, to sit on our front porch and greet guests. When I saw that the challenge over at  Simply Less is More is AUTUMN , I knew I had to make a card to send off with the cheesecake. I had a blast creating this handmade scarecrow. The entire sentiment says: It's not Fall until... the pumpkin cheesecake arrives! Enjoy!

Supplies:
Cardstock: DCWV Chalkboard, DCWV Stack (goldenrod)
Paper: scraps from my stash, Core'dinations Pure Chocolate
Raffia
Burlap
Colored pencils: Crayola
White gel pen: Sakura
Walnut Ink: Fiber Scraps
Punches: McGill (flower), 1/4" circle punch
Embroidery thread: DMC black
Marker: ZIG (black)

2 comments:

  1. What a great tradition you have created Brenda and a great card to accompany it this year!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that desert sounds delightful! What a cute card, and so personal too!

    ReplyDelete