Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Noel

I woke up this morning with this card design swimming around in my head.  The ornaments were made from a tree punch and green cardstock. I punched them, then punched around the trees with an oval punch (see photos below). Next, I adhered the ornaments to a piece of white cardstock and used Diamond Glaze over the top of the trees and white space.  This added a bit of dimension. I cut a small "hanger" from metallic paper and hung the ornaments with metallic thread. The horizontal ribbon is also metallic.  For the sentiment I wrote the word Noel, then cut it out.

Step 1: Punch the tree shape from green cardstock.

Step 2: Use an oval punch to cut close to the edge of one side of the punched trees.
Step 4: Repeat on the second edge. Hint: To hold the shape as you slide it into the oval punch, temporarily attach it to a long strip of cardstock and slide it into the punch.

Supplies:  Cardbase: DCWV, Cardstock: scrap pieces of green, Ribbon & Twine: Offray, Gold metallic paper, Adhesive: Advanced Tape Glider, Punches: EK Success Paper Shapers, All Night Media,  Judi Kins: Diamond Glaze

3 comments:

  1. This is really cool! So good to hear that you can make an idea come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ornaments! I love how you made them! Such a pretty card! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those ornaments, Brenda - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    ReplyDelete