Friday, November 9, 2012

Shades of Purple Thanks

I saw a sketch challenge earlier this week and really wanted to play with it.  I let the ideas mull around awhile and came up with this card.  It is based on a sketch challenge over at Skipping Stones Designs. I began by creating the flowers from purple gems and embroidery thread. As I created them I attached them to the hexagon shapes.  (The tags originally were used at a library to tag non circulating items.) Next I cut the purple circle and adhered the flower tags and twine to it.  I cut a slightly larger circle from water color paper and used it as a card base.  I added the twine around the perimeter of the circle along with tiny holes that I made with a needle.  Using the water color paper, I cut a tag, wrote the sentiment with a marker and added the wrapped twine and a bow.  I finished by adding tiny purple dots around the perimeter of the tag and the hexagons.
Supplies:
Card base: Daler, Rowney WaterColour Pad
Cardstock: K&Co Specialty Paper
Hexagons: recycled library tags
Gems: Studio G, E. Pearls & Crystals
Twine: The Twinery, Lilac
Adhesive: Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
Needle: Singer
Embroidery Thread: DMC


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING!

3 comments:

  1. Brenda, you really came up with something that totally fit the sketch! Love the purple and the addition of the twine! Thanks for joining us this week for our challenge at Skipping Stones Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handmade flowers steal the show here! How pretty! And what an amazing take on the sketch! Thanks too, for playing at Skipping Stones Design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, this is SWEET! Does remind me of a little embroidery hoop! Love the sweet flowers in side the hexagon shapes. So creative how you made the little flowers out of gems. A homespun treasure...my favorite kind of cards. Thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete