Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Warm Wishes

A warm cup of rich hot chocolate is a favorite treat around here, especially after coming in from a day of skiing, hiking or playing in the snow.  We had a light snow this morning, so I was inspired to create this card. I used my Fiskar's Scrap Boss and embossed the cup image then fussy cut around it. I colored it with markers and colored pencils, added the snowflakes and used poly fil to create the steam. To make the candy cane, I cut a piece of white cardstock into a strip and added detail with a red marker and colored pencils. I slipped it into the cocoa by cutting a small slit with an Xacto.   The sentiment was printed with MS Word before attaching the brackets.  I added white cardstock to the red brackets to repeat the candy cane pattern.  I also used the red and white twine for the same reason.
Supplies:
Cup: Fiskars Scrapboss
Cardstock: Fox River Papr Co.
Cardbase: Paper Studio
Bracket punch: McGill
Snowflake Punch:Tonic Stuidos
Candy cane: handmade
Twine: The Twinery Maraschino
Markers: Impress Dual Marker Teal

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your attention to details...the colors, the red/white stripes ...I can smell the aroma of the hot chocolate already! Beautiful job, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Brenda, and I could do with some hot cocoa about now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of thought you've put into this card really shows in the design and execution. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete