Sunday, February 24, 2013

Season's Greetings


My inspiration for today's card comes from  the view out my craft room window. We are in the midst of  snow flurries here. The wind is howling and the snow is flying. Although there isn't anyone carrying a tree home, the weather seems perfect for it. The focal point for this card was created from felt. Using felt is the current challenge over at 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown. So, I began by hand cutting the person and tree from pieces of felt. I adhered the pieces together with hot glue and added highlights and detail with markers. For the snow I used layers of torn white cardstock and matted this onto a piece of blue  "snow" patterned paper.  Inside the card, I simply wrote Season's Greetings!

Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
White cardstock: Paper Recollections
Felt
Ad Tech Hot Glue
Markers: American Crafts, Galaxy, EK Success
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

9 comments:

  1. What a great Christmas card, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you made this embellishment yourself - very clever. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I'm amazed that you made the felt accents by hand-cutting them yourself. You have gone above and beyond for our challenge this week! This is a fabulous card - the texture really shows through the photo too - I almost feel as if I can touch it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super fabulous creation! I adore the scene you created--how clever! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing that you cut all that out by hand! It's a really cute card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that you made the felt image and the snowy paper and torn paper snow are perfect to set off your tree carrier! Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Brenda, that hand cut felt piece is amazing, how very creative! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous card with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely fab! I'm so impressed that you made your felt decoration and so much dimension with the torn paper too. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work, Brenda!!! I am in awe!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete