Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Warm Winter Wishes


The guest designer over at MUSE is Deana Jean from Kloset Kreations. She has created a gorgeous card to inspire us. I was drawn to the collection of flowers in the upper corner of her card. I loved how her sentiment looked like it was tucked behind the flowers. This reminded me of a pocket. So I decided to create a pocket. I stamped snowflakes on blue cardstock, punched holes around the edge and threaded a piece of string through the holes ending in a bow in the center of the pocket. I adhered this to a cardbase that I had printed text on and then tucked two hand made mittens into the pocket. Inside the sentiment reads....Warm Winter Wishes.

Supplies:
Cardbase: Paper Studios
Cardstock: Scrap piece of blue
Crimper: Marvy Uchida
Trim: white...bought at a garage sale...no label
Circle Punch: 1/8" hand held
Snowflake Punches: Tonic Studios, EK Success
Computer: Printed text
Mittens: Hand cut
Adhesive: Scotch ATG

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Love the way you have been inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the most original take so far, for me, on the Muse card-great idea and so cute with the added twine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pocket card! Love the stitching! The gloves placed behind the pocket and intertwined like that is so clever! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. Love the mittens and the pocket card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. I love those mittens and how it looks like they are holding hands.

    ReplyDelete