Friday, April 5, 2013

A "Blingy" Wreath

It's a BLING thing over at Jingle Belles! We're challenged to create a card which incorporates bling, glitter, glitz, gems, shimmer, or anything sparkly. I decided to "bling-up" a wreath. First I cut a ring from cardstock and then I wrapped it in green ribbon. Next, I added berry red colored pearls and wrapped the wreath again with a metallic ribbon.  Using a Kraft cardbase, colored pencils and ink, I created a faux wood texture for the background. I rounded the corners of the cardbase and adhered it to a larger piece of green cardstock. To add a bit of texture, I poked holes around the green cardstock with a needle.  I attached a red bow to the wreath and wrote the sentiment with a marker on a scrap piece of Kraft cardstock. I inked around the edges of this before adhering it to the card. Because it's hard to write on Kraft cardstock, I adhered a white panel inside as a writing space. 

Supplies: Cardbase: Paper Studios?, Ink:Fiber Scraps: E-Z Walnut, Colored pencils: Crayola,Corner rounder: Creative Memories,  Ribbon: Offray, Marker: Bic Mark It, Green Cardstock: DCWV, Needle, Pearls: Queen & Co.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit!


3 comments:

  1. wow, you created the woodgrain paper yourself! it looks so real! fantastic job and what a cute wreath!
    Thanks for joining in on my prompt over at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ribbon wreath is just so fun ... awesome use of bling too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love♥LOVE♥looooooooooooove that fabulous blingy wreath, you have done it yet again, another utterly creative and totaly awesome xmas masterpiece! ♥

    ReplyDelete