Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bicycle Border

The finished sentiment inside the card.



I just discovered a new challenge blog called The Order of the Opus-Gluei. It's a challenge blog where there are new challenges every two weeks and they are open to interpretation. The best news is that they accept all art forms! I love these kinds of challenges. The current challenge at The Order of the Opus-Gluei is to create something with bikes or trikes.  I used a stamped bike image to create a bicycle border on the top and bottom of a cardbase. I simply fussy cut around it once the stamped images had dried. This created a unique border and draws attention to the bicycles. Next I wrapped a piece of patterned paper with blue embroidery thread. Then I printed the sentiment onto a tag with my computer and inked around the outer edges of the tag before adhering it to the front on the card. Inside the card, I added "Enjoy the Ride".  


Supplies: 
Cardbase: Recollections, Stamp: Studio G, Ink: Studio G, Patterned Paper: Oriental Trading, Embroidery thread: DMC, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool, what a creative card! I adore how you have done the bicycle border, it's so unusual. I'm glad you have discovered our challenge blog, it's a delight to see your card, and I hope we see you often. Thanks for joining is with us at Opus Gluei!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! Like the embroidery thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card (love that stamp! Great minds think alike), and the fussy cutting makes such a cool border - it adds that extra oomph! Love the sentiment and I like that this card could be used for a man or woman quite effectively which is always nice because then you can have one on hand just in case!

    WELCOME - I'm really delighted you found Opus Gluei and recognize that we love to see all sorts of creative media - the more the merrier! Thanks for taking on the challenge and then sharing with us! Our latest challenge has gone up, I hope you consider playing with this theme as well!

    ReplyDelete