Sunday, July 21, 2013

Handmade Hydrangea-Like Flowers

It seems like a long time since my last post, but it's only been about a week. I've been very busy with non-crafting projects, but this morning when I saw the handmade flower challenge at Less is More, I just had to play along. I started by inking up a small flower stamp. I repeatedly stamped the image keeping the stamped images close together. I did this until I felt like the combined images looked somewhat like the shape of a Hydrangea. I created two of these images. Then I used ink to shade between each flower.  To create the leaves, I drew in the leaves, making it look like the leaves were behind part of the flowers and colored them in with colored pencils.  Next I fussy cut around the flowers and leaves.  I slightly overlapped the leaves from the two flowers and adhered the flowers to a white cardbase.  I finished by stamping Happy Birthday int the lower corner.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Ink: Studio G, Colored Pencil: Crayola, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Stamp: Stampin' Up (sentiment), flower: Studio G

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the idea of the multiple stamping and then fussy cutting them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers Brenda
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete