Monday, August 12, 2013

Evergreens: Peace on Earth

I recently purchased a lovely evergreen tree stamp. So it is very fortunate that the current challenge at Christmas Card Challenges is EVERGREENS!  I couldn't wait to try out the stamp. I started by inking the sky background using a cardstock circle to mask where I wanted the moon to appear. Next I inked up that lovely tree stamp and repeatedly stamped across the base of the inked skyline. I tore white cardstock and layered it below the trees to represent the snow.  On the last strip of  snow, I printed Peace on Earth. To finish the card, I used a gel pen and very carefully added "snow" to the pine trees. I really like the peaceful feeling of this snow scene. It reminds me of the winters of my childhood.

I will also link this card up at Crafy Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge. It's anything goes as long as it's Christmas for the whole month of August.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Recollections, Ink: Studio G, Memento, Stamp: Inkadinkado, Adhesive: Scotch ATG, Sakura Gel Pen

3 comments:

  1. Love the layers of snow and that evergreen stamp is beautiful - - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for August – hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created Brenda; a gorgeous card. Your attention to the detail of trees and sow is amazing. TYFS with us and having fun with us at Christmas Card Challenge #37. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. The scene you've created is simply stunning. Thank you for joining us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete