Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Home for the Holidays


I created this card early yesterday, but had major computer issues and couldn't post. I finally resolved some of the computer issues this morning. YEAH! I wish I knew a computer genius! My computer would certainly keep her busy!

This card is for the "Home for the Holidays" challenge at Jingle Belles. I grew up in a state where there was always plenty of snow around Christmas time. I decided to "go home" with this card and create a snowy scene. I began by inking the sky and then I stamped the trees. I printed a log cabin image, colored it in with colored pencils and fussy cut around it. I even painted a tiny wreath and ribbon on the door. I adhered the log cabin in front of the trees and then had a blast adding snow. (I used to do landscape painting ages and ages ago. It was fun to pull out the acrylics and play around a bit.)  Over the top of the snow scene, I added a die cut frame. The frame needed a punch of color so I also added the red and white twine. I must have had one of my sister's in mind because the scene looks very similar to her first home. I loved visiting her there. It was always so peaceful and SNOWY, but warm and cozy by her fireplace!

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Die Cut: Fiskars, Patterned Paper: Colorbok, Acrylic Paints: Master's Touch, Adhesive: Scotch ATG

3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous scene you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ♥WOW♥! you couldn't just build me a sweet little cabin like this in real life, could you? i mean, WHO wouldn't have a lovely holiday in such a beautiful setting! well done, you, as always you have taken my breath away! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. We usually get snow for Christmas too ... love your beautiful snowy holiday scene ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete