Friday, August 9, 2013

Tree Houses


Lately I haven't been in a crafty mood. Don't know what's up with that! It's probably because I am spending a lot of time hiking, biking, gardening and hanging out with the teenage son. We've been trying to take advantage of the lovely summer weather. We soooooo love the summer!

I did squeeze in a card or two for the current "HOUSE" challenge at Jingle Belles. For this card, I decided to hand cut a series of tiny houses. I've stacked them into a tree shape and fussy cut around them. I layered the tree on a piece of green cardstock and then onto an embossed background.  In the end, I felt that it looks somewhat like a quilt block, especially with the addition of the tiny punched stars.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Bazzill (light green), DCWV (dark green), Recollections (black), Spellbinders Embossing Folder, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

3 comments:

  1. So unique - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-232.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree-of-houses is so very clever ... so glad you've been taking advantage of the beautiful summer outdoors ... always thrilled when you join us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not in a crafty mood??!?!!! ok, WHO ARE YOU, missus, and what have you done with brenda, lol??! :) :) :) no seriously, it's ALWAYS good to re-charge the reative batteries... especially when that can be done outdoors... with a cool kid!!! ♥

    of course, this AMAZING & brilliant card does totally prove my point about re-charging! the tree of houses design is AWESOME and ♥YES♥ part of what really, really MAKES it is the addition of those tiny perfect stars! love this!!!

    ReplyDelete