Sunday, September 22, 2013

Black & White

Yesterday was such a perfect day here. Our weather was incredible so my husband, son and I took advantage of it and went on a family hike. The hiking trails were very busy so I guess lots of people had the same idea. The best part of our hike was when we reached an area called "Hidden Falls". My son and I had hiked this same trail earlier this summer, but we didn't catch a glimpse of the falls because of a lack of rainfall. We could hear the falls, but couldn't see it...thus the name "Hidden Falls". Fortunately yesterday's hike was so very different. Recently we've had a lot of rain (a rarity here in the high desert), so the stream was over flowing its banks and the water was rushing by rapidly as we hiked along it's edge. When we reached the falls, the water was cascading down and was a stunning sight! We felt very fortunate for the perfect weather and the spectacular view!

So...about the card:  It's one of those cards that came together very quickly! I simply cut strips of decorative tape and layered it over the center of the card. Next I punched flowers from white cardstock, added button centers and some detail on the petals and that's it. I love the contrast of the black and white and the simplicity of this card.

Thanks for stopping by! 
I hope you've had a fantastic weekend!

Supplies:
Cardbase: Recollections, Decorative Tape: Darice, Punch: Ek Success, Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry

1 comment: