Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Santa

A few scraps, a great sketch and a wee bit of time was all that I needed to pull this Christmas card together. The sketch is from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  I began by punching a green circle and then used a holly punch to punch around the inside edge. I adhered this to a white circle.  I printed and colored in a Santa image and layered it over the green and white circles. I adhered Santa over green scrap pieces of patterned paper that I cut into squares and added a quick stitch line with a marker.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Patterned Paper Scraps: ? from my stash, , Crayola Colored Pencils, Santa Image: Stamp-n-doodle.comAdhesive: Scotch ATG, Punches: Ek Success

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. I do like the mixture of graphic papers you've used and the vintage Santa image. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so classy, Brenda! LOVE the great Santa image and I adore your green patterns! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This IS such a perfect sketch to help us use up or scraps - I agree :o) I think your card is just wonderful. Love that vintage Santa and the mix of patterns. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that rich dark green against the crisp white and the traditional Santa image is wonderful! The pen stitching is such a charming detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT again, I'm off to check out your second card for us! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the mix of green patterns you chose for the background! The Santa image is very festive. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT! It's good seeing you play along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a festive take on our sketch challenge. i really like the mix of DPs you chose to showcase Santa! Thank you for playing along at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete