Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Merry LITTLE Christmas

My family thinks I've gone BONKERS because I continue to make Christmas cards and not just because Christmas has come and gone, but also because of the large number of Christmas cards I still have on hand.  You see, even though I sent out 65 cards in December, I participated in so many challenges last year that with the addition of today's card, I already have enough cards for next year. What can I say? It seems I just can't resist a great challenge, especially a Jingle Belles challenge. The current challenge is "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Steph and Lauren are encouraging us to use inchies or twinchies and they don't have to be square!  Who could resist this?  NOT ME! So I pulled out a Stampin' Up curly label punch and punched four inchies from cream colored cardstock. I used a dark green cardstock to handcut the letters for NOEL and adhered them to the inchies along with a few bows. I also added a color pencil border to each inchie, then adhered them to the patterned paper.  Ta-dah....card #65 is complete!

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio "Old World Winter", Stampin' Up Curly Label Punch, Offray Ribbon, Bazzill Cardstock, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Scotch ATG, Crayola Colored Pencil

3 comments:

  1. well, we are certainly glad you're still making xmas cards despite overages* in the field! selfishly, i just always know you'll have great ideas that will totally inspire me to steal them later, lol! and this super-cool card definitely fits that bill, missus! thanks for joining our "little" bit of fun at JINGLE BELLES! :) ps: i think i NEED that awesome curvy inchy label shaped punch!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need to hook-up with a local nursing home who would love to have those extra cards ... and I'm thrilled that you just keep creating with us ... love the clever alpha idea ... so glad you're celebrating a Merry LITTLE Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That punch makes the perfect frame for your NOEL!

    ReplyDelete