Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Shaker-Like Window

I've got one more card for the JOY to the EARTH challenge at Jingle Belles. Our challenge is to recycle, re-use, re-purpose or up-cycle when creating a card. For this card, I used a cellophane bag printed with holly leaves. I bought the bags several years ago but found out that not all the bags were actually bags. A few were not sealed along the sides. I set them aside to use for craft projects like this card. I folded a piece of the cellophane in half, glued two of the edges together and added torn tissue paper that had once lined a gift basket. I sealed the last edge and framed my newly created window with a piece of green cardstock. It reminds me of those cards you see with the shaker style window, but my bits of tissue don't move around. I punched out a few holly leaves and berries and added detail with chalk and a gel pen and attached them to the lower corner of the frame. I printed the sentiment on a piece of cardstock, cut it into the banner shape and matted it with green cardstock.  Now I'm wondering what other projects I can create with the remaining printed cellophane.....hmmm...I'll have to give it some more thought.

Supplies: Cardbase: Recollections, Cardstock: Bazzill, DCWV, Cellophane bag: ??, Sakura gel pen, Scotch ATG, Spellbinders Die, Emagination Holly Punch, Ek Success circle punch, chalk, Microsoft Word.

3 comments:

  1. I love this card! I also have some of those cellophane bags that aren't bags and will have to try something like this, especially with my fall leaves bags. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful "save" of something that could've really been wasted since the bag was NOT a bag. as it turns out, the bag is even PRETTIER as a card, and you've set it off to perfection. thanks for joining our earth day fun with your MEGA-clever (& gorgeous!) ideas at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just so stinkin' clever ... love the tissue paper between the layers ... again, so very glad you celebrated Earth Day with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete