Saturday, January 24, 2015

Seeing True Colors

The TRUE COLOR of my
post-holidayTulle purchase.
It's time to play along with the "Bring in New" challenge at Jingle Belles. We've been challenged to use all those new supplies that Santa brought us for Christmas or use supplies we gathered from post-holiday sales. For this card I am using an item that I purchased at a post-holiday sale. I purchased two rolls of tulle, one green and one red. When I saw them at the store, I immediately thought that I might be able to incorporate them into a card or two, but I hesitated to purchase them, knowing that I would need multiple layers to see the true colors. (I am trying to create fewer cards that require extra postage because of weight or dimensional elements.) Anyway, I ended up purchasing the tulle and stored it on the shelf for future use. When I saw the current challenge at Jingle Belles, I knew it was time to see what the tulle would look like on a card. Just as I suspected, multiple layers were required in order to see the "true" color of the tulle. I only used two layers for the background of this card and it still looks pink rather than the bright red. I probably should have added one more layer to see that true red color especially since it doesn't weight much and really doesn't add too much bulkiness, but I didn't. So to break up that pinkish background, I layered dark green punched trees over it and added the gingerbread tag for a focal point.

2 comments:

  1. I think the two layers look pretty red to me ... so very glad you brought in the new with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! what an AWESOME idea... tulle layers as a card background??!?! WHY didn't i think of that?? (well i will now, thanks to you, lol!) this is gorgeous, brenda, and so unique! i think it looks quite red, as well, and i love the way the rich green strips set off the stripes! this sooo totally ROCKS the new goodies, which is what we always love at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete