Sunday, February 1, 2015

Shaping Up

After a busy and tiring week, things are shaping up, in more ways than one! I've had a chance to catch up on some much needed sleep and to accomplish a few things on my "To Do" list, including creating this card for the "Shape-up for the New Year" challenge at Jingle Belles. I started by hand cutting two pine trees from a piece of green cardstock. I inked them with dark green ink to add a bit of dimension/texture and then layered them on a card base. I added snow beneath them by tearing some white cardstock and adding glitter glue over the top. I carefully fussy cut around the trees to "shape-up" the card. I also played around with adding small snowflakes and couldn't decide whether they should stay or go. I let my husband decide...so they stayed.
Here's the version without the snowflakes:

4 comments:

  1. oh wow! i always know you will have something totally unique and beautiful and this gorgeous card is no exception! LOVE the trees and the torn snow and YES i totally agree with the hubs: the snowflakes are AWESOME! thanks for "shaping up" with us at JINGLE BELLES, your cards ALWAYS inspire me! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both versions, but I agree that the snowflakes add an extra special touch ... your hand cut trees are perfection (I dare say mine would resemble something closer to a first grade art class) ... so very glad you shaped-up with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shaped card, love your trees!

    ReplyDelete