Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Silver Bells @ Jingle Belles

I'm playing along with the silver and/or bells challenge at Jingle Belles. I've been thinking about creating a card since I first saw the prompt and then got distracted with a huge pile of yarn that my husband brought home from a garage sale.  I'm not sure what I will do with all the yarn, but it's been fun going through it and deciding which colors I'll use and which I'll donate. Last night I decided to put the yarn aside and create this card. I was determined to use a cardbase that was not white. I seem to reach for white a lot these days. Instead I trimmed and folded a piece of dark green cardstock. I die cut bells from silver paper and layered them on a strip of green cardstock.  The patterned cardstock is from the Bo Bunny Father Christmas collection. I absolutely love the patterns in this collection and it was hard to narrow the choice to this striped pattern. I added the white mat with the pin hole border to help the colors pop.  

2 comments:

  1. I love those silver bells! Great colour combo and the white boardered layer really does make the colours pop! The tiny silver stars are a lovely accent.
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly... what a BEAUTY this is!!! not that it's surprising, since your cards are ALWAYS amazing, but the patterned paper... the bells, the stars... & of course YEAH, that perfectly awesome little white mat! i'm always glad when you join our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete