Monday, November 16, 2015

3 Snowmen

Yesterday I had seen the current challenge at CASE-ing Christmas and knew that I wanted to play along, but I ran out of time. So, early this morning before anyone else was awake, I began creating my card.  I was inspired by Donna's card (see card at right) in several ways. Her white on blue layout with the snowfield caught my eye right away. I  also loved how she separated the lower snowfield from the skyline with the bit of space. I did something similar with my snowfield.  Next, she used three trees in the foreground. Instead of trees I used snowmen.  I knew that I wanted my snowment to look up at the dry embossed snowflakes on the upper part of my card so, I handcut three snowman, cut and adhered three tiny carrot noses and used chalk to add highlight. I added facial features and then  three handcut scarves, again using chalk to add some hightlight as well as a few gel pen snowflakes.  Like Donna, I added the sentiment to the bottom portion of my card using my computer to print the "Let it Snow" sentiment. I'm glad I found the time to create another Christmas card and appreciate the inspiration from Donna's beautiful card.


8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I just love snowmen and I ADORE your card. Fantastic hand-cut elements and fabulous use of chalk for highlighting. I absolutely love everything about this!!!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely DARLING, Brenda! I LOVE those sweet snowmen and that fabulous computer generated sentiment! Fabulous card! Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CASE Brenda! The snowmen are so cute! Love it! Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love the snowmen, and the embossed background. Great take on Donna's card. So glad you shared with us at CASE-ing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, I love those happy snowmen watching it snow some more. Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet are these snowmen! Thanks for playing along at CASE-ing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda, this is adorable! I love this little trio of snowmen! They make me smile! So happy you joined us at CASE-ing Christmas! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. What and adorable CASE of my card! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas.

    ReplyDelete