Thursday, November 19, 2015

Purple & Green @ 52 CCT

When I first saw the Purple and Green Challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I was skeptical. I wasn't convinced that I would be able to get these colors to work together, but I went ahead and began creating a card anyway. In the end, I like the color combination. They really do work well together.

To create the tree ornament, I gathered a few pieces of different shades of green cardstock then cut and layered them into the shape of a tree. I crocheted the silver chain-like decoration from thin silver thread and used a dark purple stamp to add a bit of texture to the purple background. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but the purple ended up looking a bit like leather....love that!



4 comments:

  1. Great card! I absolutely love the silver crochet chain - such a super idea! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet little tree is perfect against the purple background! I like that you crocheted the embellishment, too. You have a real talent for creating great cards with just a minimal use of stamps, and I am frequently in awe of that! Thanks so much for making 52CCT part of your crafting fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this card is really eye catching, I like it a lot and had to come and see how you had made it. The crocheted "tinsel" is a brilliant idea and really works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your silver chain is so pretty, and I love that it's handmade! The background has a lovely soft look to it and the colours on the tree are just fab! Thanks so much for playing along with our colour challenge at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete